Thursday, July 17, 2008

Supplement Review: NO Shotgun

Bodybuilders throughout the nation know of this product. A matrix of N.O, creatine, protein, caffeine, and other ingredients really boost your effectiveness in the gym. I'm actually going to order another tub of it soon as payday arrives!



First time I tried this product, I was like, "Eh, not bad. Thought it was gonna taste like Garbage, but this is pretty good! Not as horrible as they say!". Soon as I hit the gym, I noticed I was more focused and warmer than I was 15min ago (if you buy a good NO product, you might feel a little warm when it kicks in, completely natural, as your veins are more vasodialated than before and blood is already rushing throughout your body). But it wasn't until I did bicep curls to failure when I noticed I did more than my usualy number and I wasn't even fatigued in the least bit! And the pumps... I still felt it about 2hrs after I left the gym that day! Very awesome supplement to try out - I highly recommend it!



What is N.O? It's a free form gas that is produced by the body to communicate with other cells in the body. To do this, the body breaks down the amino acid arginine. You can find out more on N.O here.



What does it do? Like stated earlier, it has an ingredient matrix comprised of N.O, creatine, caffeine, and proteins. So this product has various uses. If you want to lose weight, drink one serving 30min before you hit the treadmil, and you will notice your endurance is significantly improved. If you want to gain mass, drink a serving before workout and you will notice you can lift heavier (always make sure you have a spotter when doing so, just in case), or perform more reps per set. Need a quick wake-me-up? Drink one serving before you go to work, and you will be more focused and energetic!



You may want to take certain measures when drinking this product. It contains caffeine, so if you're sensitive, you may want to cut the serving size by half. Also, take too much N.O supplements at one time and you may experience diarrhea and nausea. If in doubt, it's always good to take a small serving and find your tolerance level for N.O products.



I've takin this product for over a couple months, and I haven't grown tolerant to it's effects so far. That happened with the NaNO x9. I had to up my dosage from the minimal dosage to the recommended dosage get the same effect. But NO Shotgun is pretty effective. I would recommend it to men who are seeing small gains in the gym, or have reached a plateau in their training. I don't know it's effects on women, so I can't recommend it to them as of right now. Haven't found an N.O product for the ladies neither, so if you find one, let me know!



What separates this product from the others? It's effectiveness. It is not a placebo effect taking over your body when you use this stuff. You really feel the pumps, you really see the veins, and in time, you will undoubtly notice results sooner than if you didn't take anything at all! A rival supplement in the NO category so far is NO Xplode. That one also gets good reviews, but I hear people have gotten jittery after taking it. Or the pump doesn't last as long. There is maybe a 25:75 ratio of bad reviews to good reviews on NO Xplode. For NO Shotgun, the ratio might be 10:90. Barely anyone makes a bad review about this product, except for its bad taste. I don't think it's that bad.



Fortunately, VPX has come out with a reformulated product that should give the same results that's a little easier on the palate. In fact, I've heard it tastes better than Kool-Aid! xD

6 comments:

Anonymous July 18, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

Interesting information. I've always heard though that women shouldn't take Creatine. Any knowledge or thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous July 18, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

oops, forgive me. I came here, read the article, left a comment and forgot to drop...

problem fixed.

;-)

Thaiger July 18, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

Thanks for the drop! Very much appreciated, and I'll be sure to return the favor!

I took my research to a different route this time, and found that two-thirds of women suffer from gastrointestinal problems, which may lead to malnutrition. This may be a problem for women interested in supplementing with creatine products.

If you take a creatine monohydrate supplement that is low in quality, or is mixed long before drinking (I think 8hrs is the longest creatine will last in water), it will break down into creatinine, a waste product of creatine. Some are saying this waste product is the source of the GI problems found in some men supplementing with creatine.

Because it's said that two-thirds of women suffer from GI problems also, it's not recommended for women to use creatine supplements. Not to say that creatine is all bad for you, but if women use creatine, they may suffer from claimed side effects such as bloating (most common), indigestion, upset stomach, etc. That is one of the reasons why I can't recommend NO Shotgun to women.

But if you still wish to supplement with creatine, I would recommend using Kre-Alkalyn, which is "buffered" creatine that won't break down into creatinine. It's what I use today.

The subject of creatine is a long one. I'll post more about it in the near future!

Thaiger July 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

Whoops! Not malnutrition, I meant malabsorption! Sorry for the typo!

Anonymous July 19, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

Thanks for the info. That explains a lot about one friend I knew took it. And let's me know, as someone with Crohn's, I should most definitely stay away from it...lol

Thanks again.

Anonymous July 19, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

I have used VPX Redline before. Never tried NO Shotgun before.. Maybe, this is not really meant for women.

About

My photo
Well I'm sittin here lookin at my Slayer cd and I now realize I'm a full blown metalhead... without the piercings.

Recent Comments

About The Muscle Armor Blog

This blog is in affiliation with Bodybuilding.com. All opinions and reviews are expressed solely by the author of the blog and are not those of the affiliate company. Supplements reviewed here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This blog is best viewed on Internet Explorer (some contents may not display correctly using Firefox.)

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP