Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Lemonade Diet?

I was doing some searching around on the latest fad diets, and I came across one called the Lemonade Diet. People are saying this is another way of losing weight via the Lemonade Diet. I'm not a positive testimony to that claim.

Years ago, I myself have done this "diet". I drank a bottle of Minute Maid Lemonade atleast once a day for it's antioxidant properties. I didn't have any knowledge about antioxidants at the time, but I felt that drinking alot of lemonade reduced your risk of sickness. And I barely got sick for that whole year. I didn't even get the flu during the winter, and that was a big deal, as I usualy did every year. I felt invincible to sickness. It was a good feeling.

Far as drinking lemonade to lose weight, I never lost an ounce of fat during my lemonade drinking days. The only benefit I got was not getting sick. I think one of the reasons why some feel it helps lose weight is because they reduce the total calories they eat in the day, substituting some meals with lemonade. I know lemonade can be beneficial, but not beneficial enough to be a good meal replacement. Actually, eating a small portion of meals up to six times a day can really help you lose weight and stay energized... but that's another story in the future.

Drinking lemonade can help your immune system, and provide antioxidants. But it's possible that your weightloss via the "Lemonade Diet" is probably due to a placebo effect. Like you think you have more energy, so you become more active.

Lesson of the day is: Diet's don't work, weight watcher's does! xD

1 comments:

Anonymous July 6, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Ew i hate lemonade, gimme lemon squash any day mmmm-mm!

About

My photo
Well I'm sittin here lookin at my Slayer cd and I now realize I'm a full blown metalhead... without the piercings.

Recent Comments

About The Muscle Armor Blog

This blog is in affiliation with Bodybuilding.com. All opinions and reviews are expressed solely by the author of the blog and are not those of the affiliate company. Supplements reviewed here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This blog is best viewed on Internet Explorer (some contents may not display correctly using Firefox.)

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP